Seed Savers Albury-Wodonga’s first event for 2017 will be a seed cleaning session, on Saturday 18th February, from 2pm-4pm at the National Environment Centre*, Thurgoona.
- Do you have seed in a corner ready to clean but haven’t done it yet?
- Are you unsure what to do with that bunch of seed heads you stuffed in a paper bag somewhere?
- Want to save seed from those incredible summer vegetables you’re harvesting, but not sure how to go about it?
It’s time to come along to our annual seed cleaning session!
We’ll also visit seed cleaning skills such as:
- fermenting seed to protect against disease;
- storage practices; and
- using our seed sieves to clean seed.
Plus the usual extras:
- The bulk seed (our seed bank) will be available for members to add to and take from.
- If you can give us a hand with setting up, packing up, taking a photo or some notes, please let us know – see here for more information.
- Trade table for cuttings, seedlings or other things to share or swap.
- Members and guests are welcome to attend. We ask for a $4 donation from non-members to assist with our insurance costs.
- The National Environment Centre (NEC) is a TAFE NSW campus at 97 Ettamogah Rd, Thurgoona. It can be tricky to find, so if you haven’t been before, please do check the map: http://goo.gl/maps/07sbw.