Being a member of Seed Savers Albury-Wodonga provides the opportunity to network with locals interested in growing backyard food and saving seed.
Being a member gives you access to:
- Gatherings such as –
- Workshops on seed saving techniques, planning, propagation, species specific information
- Social events – end of year and August AGM (and every gathering!)
- Guest speakers on food growing and seed saving-related topics
- Seed cleaning and packaging sessions
- Bulk seed bank – members can withdraw from and add to our collection of locally saved seed
- Seed cleaning equipment (and seed cleaning days as mentioned above); a resource library; seed lists and data sheets for our seed
- Venue and opportunity to meet others with similar interests – share in the wealth of knowledge and experience of our members and guests
- Special visits to other gardens
- Regular news updates
- Custodianship of the next generations of food plants
- Insurance cover for activities
- A ‘trade table’ for the sharing of surplus seedlings, cuttings or produce.
Membership is $20 per household (Tip: So be sure to list all household members)
Memberships are paid annually as a financial year subscription (July to June).
We offer an early bird discount of $5 off memberships paid at the AGM and throughout the months of July and August.
And a late-comers arrangement for those joining between 1 March and 30 June each year, where $20 gains you membership for the end of the current year and all the next financial year.
You can join by completing our online membership form and making a payment either at one of our gatherings or by electronic transfer (details on the form).
You don’t have to be a member to participate in our events.
Non-members attending our gatherings are asked to make a $4 donation towards insurance costs, and should be prepared to pay for any seed taken from the bulk seed bank.
Non-members can also elect to receive email reminders of our upcoming events.