Being a member of Seed Savers Albury-Wodonga provides the opportunity to network with locals interested in growing backyard food and saving seed.
Being a member gives you access to:
- Gatherings such as –
- Workshops on seed saving techniques, planning, propagation, species specific information
- Social events – end of year and August AGM (and every gathering!)
- Guest speakers on food growing and seed saving-related topics
- Seed cleaning and packaging sessions
- Bulk seed bank – members can withdraw from and add to our collection of locally saved seed
- Seed cleaning equipment (and seed cleaning days as mentioned above); a resource library; seed lists and data sheets for our seed
- Venue and opportunity to meet others with similar interests – share in the wealth of knowledge and experience of our members and guests
- Special visits to other gardens
- Regular news updates
- Custodianship of the next generations of food plants
- Insurance cover for activities
- A ‘trade table’ for the sharing of surplus seedlings, cuttings or produce.
The Seed Savers Albury Wodonga have decided to reduce the membership fee from July 1st 2022.
Annual membership is now $10 per household (Tip: So be sure to list all household members)
Memberships are paid annually as a financial year subscription (July to June).
For those who joined between 1 January and 30 June 2022 and therefore paid $20, you will have membership until June 2023.
You can join by completing our online membership form and making a payment either at one of our gatherings or by electronic transfer (details on the form).
You don’t have to be a member to participate in our events.
Non-members attending our gatherings are asked to make a $4 donation towards insurance costs, and should be prepared to pay for any seed taken from the bulk seed bank.
Non-members can also elect to receive email reminders of our upcoming events.